Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you’re getting trapped in attempting to control it but you can’t? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, we can help you. Our practice offers the effective treatment for anxiety that will help you live the life that you want in accordance to your values, instead of letting anxiety decide what you should do and how you should live.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem. Not to mention, the beliefs and skills you learn in therapy will not stop working when you decide to end therapy.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you are struggling with an anxiety disorder of any sort, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.